Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a local cooking show. This is quick and easy.
- 177.44 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 147.89 ml hot melted butter
- 2 cold eggs
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans or 236.59 ml walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with foil.
- Combine cocoa, sugar, vanilla, salt, and melted buttter.
- Mix with mixer until well combined. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add flour and mix until just blended. Fold in nuts.
- Spread evenly in lined baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 28 to 30 minutes.
- Toothpick inserted in the center will be a little fudgy.
- Cool brownies completely.
- Lift from baking dish and remove the foil. Cut into squares and serve.
AWESOME! I love, love, love the chewy, fudgy brownies & this recipe did not disappoint! I used Dutch processed cocoa & omited the pecans (I like them, just not in my brownies. ;)). My only complaint is that it only makes an 8x8 pan. No doubt I'll be making this again & may try adapting to a 13x9. You know, to avoid the family brawl over who ate more than their share. :D Thanks for sharing the recipe, Sherrybeth! Made & enjoyed in honor of your football pool win; week 2 of 2009 season.