Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very moist sweet centers and nice golden crust. Just the right morsel when you want just a little something.
- 4 cups sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place coconut into a food processor and pulse several times until finely chopped (into small rice size bits only).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until smooth. Whisk in cornstarch and rum (or you can use vanilla). Stir in coconut, making sure the entire mixture is an even consistency.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden on the bottom and top.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 3 - 3 1/2 dozen.