1/1 Photo of Bistro Chicken With Peppers
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe and refined with changes in the seasonings to enhance the flavor of the otherwise bland chicken breast. It is delightfully easy to prepare and results in a dish with full complex flavors. Recipe serves two but can be doubled with no trouble. Reheats well for lunch the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely diced sweet onions
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, coarsely crushed
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, and discard seeds and membranes.
- 3Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- 4Broil 15 minutes or until blackened.
- 5Alternately, you can blacken the skins on a gas range.
- 6Place the peppers in a paper or zip-top plastic bag; seal.
- 7Let stand 20 minutes.
- 8Peel and cut into strips; set aside.
- 9Combine salt and garlic on a cutting board; chop until mixture becomes a coarse paste.
- 10Rub garlic mixture over chicken.
- 11Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 12Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- 13Add onions; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 14Add broth, curry, tarragon, and crushed fennel.
- 15Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
- 16Add peppers; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 17Serve with rice or potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bistro Chicken With Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 406.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth