Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simplified version of one of our favorite meals at Cafe Flo in London. The bistro used Toulouse (French garlic) sausage, fresh made onion rings and their own gravy. Green peas are the perfect flavor and color addition, I sprinkle them around the edges of the bowl.
- Bake/fry onion rings according to package directions.
- Add sausage and water to a heavy bottom skillet and cook over high heat, turning sausages, until water evaporates.
- Reduce heat to medium, and brown sausages on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- Push sausage to the sides of the pan, add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Add white wine, scraping up all the browned bits, until almost evaporated.
- Add gravy, gravy water (place water in gravy jar, cover and shake) and simmer 5 minutes.
- To serve, place 1 cup mashed potatoes in the center of a flat bottom soup bowl, top with 4 sausages and 1/4 of the gravy.
Lovely stuff... this is such comfort food for me and I just adored the idea of servng it with onion rings (I used Black and Tan Onion Rings). You'll see from the photo that my "rings" are more like cresents, because I only had 1/2 an onion to work with, but they were yummy nonetheless! I would just add a bit more seasoning to the potatoes next time, perhaps some crushed garlic, and make sure to serve with lots of mustard!