1/1 Photo of Bistro Bangers and Mash
This is a simplified version of one of our favorite meals at Cafe Flo in London. The bistro used Toulouse (French garlic) sausage, fresh made onion rings and their own gravy. Green peas are the perfect flavor and color addition, I sprinkle them around the edges of the bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake/fry onion rings according to package directions.
- 2Add sausage and water to a heavy bottom skillet and cook over high heat, turning sausages, until water evaporates.
- 3Reduce heat to medium, and brown sausages on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- 4Push sausage to the sides of the pan, add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- 5Add white wine, scraping up all the browned bits, until almost evaporated.
- 6Add gravy, gravy water (place water in gravy jar, cover and shake) and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7To serve, place 1 cup mashed potatoes in the center of a flat bottom soup bowl, top with 4 sausages and 1/4 of the gravy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bistro Bangers and Mash
Serving Size: 1 (858 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 1827.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g