Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A moist poundcake from 1982 The Silver Palate Cookbook
- 1⁄2-1 cup lb sweet butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease& flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- Cream butter& sugar until fluffy.
- Add flour to butter mixture; stir just enough to blend.
- Add lemon juice& vanilla; stir well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely.
I've tried a LOT of poundcake recipes in my time - this one, from the Silver Palate cookbook - is the best. I have skipped the lemon juice. I always add almond extract.