Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Biscuits Supreme These are melt in your mouth good biscuits. My secret is the slightly beaten egg.The recipe came from a 50 year old Home and Gardens Cook Book
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of old cheese (if you wish)
- Cream together shortening, salt and sugar. Add dry ingredients. Mix with milk and slightly beaten egg. Mix with pastry blender until the dough sticks together.
- Place on floured surface. Pat down with hands until 1/2 inch thick.Cut with.
- round cutter. On cookie sheet place the biscuits close together for softer biscuits and 3/4 inch apart for crustier biscuits. Cook at 450 degrees for.
- 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 16 medium biscuits.
These are wonderful! They just melt in your mouth! I used butter instead of shortening which gave them a nice buttery flavor. I also doubled the recipe. The only thing I didn't have was cream of tartar. It turned out well with out it though I would like to try it with just to see what the difference if any there would be. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe! We'll be using it all the time!