Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
different twist on the old stew recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candice tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhome-style beef gravy
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup carrot, strips
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the biscuits,; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally Spoon into an ungreased 8-inch squres (2 quart) or oval (2 1/2 quart) baking dish Seperate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each in half.
- Arrange cut side down around outside edge of hot mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and biscuits are deep golden brown.
This recipe smells wonderful while cooking! We didn't like or dislike it - something pretty neutral.