Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lite Anise flavored Mexican cookie that is a favorite in any kitchen.
- 1 cup milk
- 8 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder, plus
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 teaspoons anise extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups lard
- Mix flour, lard, sugar, baking powder, anise and salt.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add milk and mix.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees (depending on oven).
- Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies.