Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
For kids and lemon lovers alike.
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄3 cup country time lemonade mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Place graham cracker crumbs and granola into food processor. pulse until well mixed and crumbly. Set aside.
- Stir drink mix and water until dissolved. Beat lemonade mixture and ice cream in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Gently fold in whipped topping until smooth.
- Place half the crumbs evenly into bottom of 4 parfait glasses. Spoon half of the Lemon mixture onto crumb mixture. Repeat with a layer of crumble mixture, then top lemon mixture.
- Freeze 2 hours until firm. Garnish with lemon slices.
Though I used low-fat vanilla ice cream, these made for a nice change of pace tonight, as an after dinner/ treat dessert. Wouldn't change a thing here except make it again on a warmer day.. Made for PRMR tag.
4 stars only because dh said it was "so-so" I thought it was fantastic! Nice light lemony flavor, cool and creamy. Perfect summer dessert. I think in the future I will make it in individual graham cracker crusts just filled with the lemon filling. I thought the graham cracker layers got in the way of the yummy lemon cream. I also made this in the little dixie cups so my kids could have small portions and it worked great, though not as pretty ;)
WOW, THIS IS GREAT! During the Spring & Summer, lemonade is a big thing around here, & eating this addictive complement to that drink is a wonderful taste experience! I used frozen yogurt this time around & will gladly make it again soon with some French vanilla ice cream! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]