Top Review by Sydney Mike
My mac-&-cheese loving neighbor couple had their 2 grandsons visiting them for a couple of days, & since they're housebound, I made this just for them, & took lazyme's hint about the cheeses & the milk! And, from the great complements they all gave me (several times!) I can only assume that you've got a real winner here! In fact, I now have it on my kitchen schedule for next week so I can make it again when my vegetarian son & DIL come by for a meal! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (mild)
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded (or Romano mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, mix margarine and milk. Add the cheeses and cheese soup until the cheeses melt.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, mustard, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Add macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.