1/2 Photos of Bird's Creamed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic
This is my most requested dish for mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1TO ROAST GARLIC: Cut the top off of an entire bulb of garlic just to expose the tops of the cloves and place in center of a small sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 2Fold edges of foil up around garlic cloves to form an open bag. Roast in 350F oven until garlic is tender, about 1 hour.
- 3Allow garlic to cool. turn bulb over and squeeze out the garlic cloves. Mash with tines of fork. (We make this by the batch and keep them in the fridge in a tightly covered jar till needed).
- 4POTATOES: Place potatoes and onions a large pot. Cover with enough water and add a little salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
- 5Drain potatoes and onions and then return them to the pot or a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- 6Serve to the table in a large serving bowl with a pat of butter in the center and sprinkled with some fresh chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bird's Creamed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.7
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.6 mg
- Sodium 186.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g