Recipe by 2Bleu
This is my most requested dish for mashed potatoes.
Top Review by brianak
we love these! the roasted garlic is perfect (sometimes we use the whole bulb, sometimes not. depends on who all is eating.) they come out so smooth. i usually leave out the onion as my husband doesn't like them much.
- 1 bulb of garlic, roasted (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- TO ROAST GARLIC: Cut the top off of an entire bulb of garlic just to expose the tops of the cloves and place in center of a small sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Fold edges of foil up around garlic cloves to form an open bag. Roast in 350F oven until garlic is tender, about 1 hour.
- Allow garlic to cool. turn bulb over and squeeze out the garlic cloves. Mash with tines of fork. (We make this by the batch and keep them in the fridge in a tightly covered jar till needed).
- POTATOES: Place potatoes and onions a large pot. Cover with enough water and add a little salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and onions and then return them to the pot or a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- Serve to the table in a large serving bowl with a pat of butter in the center and sprinkled with some fresh chopped parsley.