Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe ages ago in a Spanish cooking magazine called "Cocina Semanal," and have adapted it slightly, to fit my tastes. The combination may sound odd, but it's actually quite good! -Slightly- underripe bananas are best for this recipe.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bananas (not green, but not fully ripe either)
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Set up for making kebabs: Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, slice bananas into rounds, cut onion into wedges, roughly chop red pepper, and mash garlic.
- You may wish to soak your bamboo scewers for 30 minutes to avoid burning as well.
- Thread scewers alternating chicken with fruit and vegetables.
- Whisk together garlic and oil and brush kebabs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
- Grill or broil kebabs about 15 minutes (or until cooked through), turning about half way through.
So simple and tasty. I was a bit leary about using underripe bananas, so I used plantains - it worked great.