Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My boyfriend Billy came up with this recipe one day experimenting in the kitchen. It's a lil spicy, tangy, and yummy! Try it on anything you'd put store-bought ketchup on.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients well and store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge. Stays good for about 2 weeks. Enjoy!
This was pretty good, but a bit too tangy. I think next time I will reduce the red wine vinegar to 4 T and maybe cook it on the stove a bit. Update: I put the leftovers in the fridge and it turned into a solid chunk. Maybe a mixture of tomato sauce or ketchup and paste would avoid that. I had to throw it out. :(