1 hr 10 mins
From the Australian Biggest Loser "Change your Life" Book. This is yummy hot, warm, cold, or in Sandwiches. Freezes OK too. There are vegetarian loaves on Zaar but this one is just a bit different and has become a favorite for us. Followed the recipe as is, except added corn kernels and left out the pine nuts. We also added 1/2 a capsicum that we had to use up. Have marked these three ingredients as optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated (squeeze out any juice)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced (optional, see description)
- 1 (400 g) can lentils, rinsed, drained (we used brown)
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 zucchini, grated (squeeze out any juice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup passata or 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional, see description) (optional)
- 1/4 cup corn kernel (optional, see description) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (400F) and line a 5cup loaf tin with baking paper.
- 2Spray frypan with olive spray and place over a medium heat.
- 3Cook onion, garlic, carrot, celery and capsicum until soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Combine beans and lentils then puree two thirds in a blender.
- 5Return puree to the whole beans and lentils and fold in all other ingredients.
- 6If mixture seems wet a little more wheatgerm may be needed.
- 7Press mixture firmly into loaf tin.
- 8Bake for 50 minutes or until mixture is firm to touch.
- 9Serve as you would your usual meatloaf recipe.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biggest Loser Spiced Bean Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 200.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 27.9 g