Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great flavorful marinade recipe for a summer BBQ.
- 1 top round steak (top round 2-3 inch thick)
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- In a medium bowl mix together water, brown sugar, dry mustard, soy sauce, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, ketchup, garlic, and pepper.
- Place meat in a plastic ziploc bag. Pour in marinade mixture. Marinate for at least 4 hours in refrigerator. For best results marinate over night.
- Take meat out an hour prior to cooking. Grill steak. When steak is cook to desired taste, tent with tin foil and allow to rest before slicing.
- (This marinade is good for other kinds of beef steaks).
I don't know why it's taken me so long to review this - it's become my favorite steak marinade over the past year or so. It's great for the BBQ - it has a really nice blend of flavors that don't overwhelm the taste of the steak itself.