Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison? - You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 bottle spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Wash the wings and pat them dry.
- Cut off the tips and discard.
- Separate the wings into two sections at the joint, and dump them into a crockpot.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix all the other ingredients and then pour over the wings.
- Stir so that the wings get thoroughly coated and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Made these again today--so delicious--and smells heavenly cooking in the crockpot. I cheat & use drumsticks (and put the crock on high so I can have them earlier). Highly recommended! I serve mine with a side of wild rice, so it's a main, not an app, for me.
I made this without the salt and cayenne pepper, as my husband doesn't like things too spicy. I also used drumsticks instead of wings. Very tasty chicken!
I will make these again. I omitted the majority of the heat; no jalapeno sauce, no cajun seasoning. They still managed to have a nice little bite. Easy keeper, thanks.