Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
KHAO = Rice PHAD = Fried PU = Crab...... This is an easy to make mild and delicious side dish that goes well with any Asian meal.
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup crabmeat, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- Combine sugar, pepper, soy & fish sauces then set aside.
- Warm oils in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly saute garlic and green onion.
- Add rice and mix thoroughly to separate.
- Add egg, mix until it's cooked and evenly dispersed.
- Mix in crab meat, making sure it is broken up and mixed well.
- Add sauce combination and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nicely seasoned. Used much less oil than called for, but otherwise made as written.