Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Good with BBQ or chicken fried steak.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, whole,diced small
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced small
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, finely ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the potatoes by first rubbing them lightly with oil and then baking them in the oven for 1 hour or until they are tender when peirced.
- Let them Cool.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and mash (With skin on) now remove about half of the skin from the bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, corn and onion.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until onion is clear and soft.
- Add the potatoes and remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often until hot.
These taters are absolutely delicious!! I wish I would have made a bigger batch the first time because they were so good we ran out of them very quickly !!!! Next time I will know !!
Oh man,...These were some good eatin'! I'll be making these a LOT. THANKS