Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Both tasty and slightly disgusting - good for Halloween parties of any age group...
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough (i.e. Pillsbury)
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni, chopped (use veggie pepperoni if you prefer)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shoestring potatoes (I use the Hickory Sticks brand name)
- Unroll the bread sticks and cut each stick in half.
- Stretch out each piece as much as possible without tearing the dough. Prepare one hairy wart at a time (otherwise the dough shrinks back to its original size).
- Place a half teaspoon sauce, 1/2 teaspoon cheese and a slice of pepperoni in the center of each
- Stretch the dough around the filling, tuck the corners under and place on baking sheet (should resemble a ball when you are done).
- Bake until lightly browned.
- The cheese and sauce will burst out of the dough and sizzle.
- Stick 3 or 4 shoestrings into each wart.
- Serve warm (you can make this beforehand and then reheat before serving).
Loved the concept! Used Ham & Swiss and Grands Biscuits and they turned out Fantastic and made a great impression on my Party Table! Thanks so much !