1/3 Photos of Big Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F (175 C).
- 3Beat butter until creamy.
- 4Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 6Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together.
- 7Stir flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
- 8Stir in oats and optional raisins.
- 9Form dough into 16 2-inch balls, placing each onto one of two parchment paper-covered, large cookie sheets.
- 10Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes.
- 11Slide cookies on parchment onto cooling rack.
- 12Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 13Comments: Do not over bake.
- 14The edges should be brown but the rest of the cookie should still be very light in color.
- 15Parchment makes for easy cookie removal and cleanup, but it's not a necessity.
- 16If you don't use parchment, let the cookies cool directly on the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 99.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g