Prep 10 mins
Cook 56 mins
An easy to prepare breakfast...it works very well if you need something to bring to a potluck or meeting...just keep it wrapped up until you are ready to serve and it stays warm and delicious. Baking the sandwich in the foil melds all the flavors together in a way that can't be duplicated by toasting it.
- 1 supermarket deli style whole wheat french bread (about 12 inches long by about 4 inches wide)
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split bread almost in half lengthwise and spread open. Place 4 slices of cheese on one side of the bread. Spread mustard over cheese. Place red peppers and bacon over mustard.
- Heat butter in 12” x 12” electric non-stick skillet preheated to 250 degrees.
- Whisk eggs with cream and basil. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook until bottom starts to set (about 3-4 minutes). Flip over and cook until set but not browned. Roll mixture omelet style to fit into bread and place on top of peppers and olives. Top with remaining cheese. Fold bread together and wrap with 2 layers of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil; seal edges.
- Wrap in aluminum foil. Bake 50 minutes, remove from oven and carefully unwrap foil.
- Slice into 4 equal servings.