Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This another of my series of Solo Meals, that will make a nice meal for one, or by adding another cup of dried pasta and served with a salad, could make a light lunch for two.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dried pasta (I like rotini)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- First, mix the curry, paprika, salt, and the pepper with the chicken that has been cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cook the pasta in 2 quarts of salted water for about 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and saute the onions until nearly transparent, then add the chicken, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Continue to stir until the chicken cubes are white on all sides.
- Add the chicken stock (or if you wish beer) and about a quarter of a cup of the water from the pasta pot, and then the drained pasta.
- Heat the mixture for and additional 3 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.