1/2 Photos of Beverly's Favorite Beef Kebabs
Ordinary yellow mustard gives a distinctive flavor to the marinade for these beef kebabs. The heavenly smell that fills your kitchen while you make the marinade lets you know it's going to be good. Serve with assorted grilled vegetables (like cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, and corn on the cob), and baked potatoes. Beverly is the food editor of the local paper- her father used to grill these. Recommended for Father's Day menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the marinade:.
- 2Pour the oil into a 2-cup measure. Add the soy sauce. Squeeze the lemon juice through a small strainer (to catch the seeds) into the measuring cup. Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard and black pepper. Whisk to blend well. Peel and coarsely chop the garlic; stir it into the oil mixture.
- 3Place the beef cubes in a 1-gallon freezer-weight, zipper-top plastic bag. Whisk the marinade again to recombine. Pour the marinade into the bag with the beef. Seal the bag and gently shake to coat the meat with marinade. Place the bag flat in the refrigerator to marinate 8 to 24 hours. Turn the bag over once halfway through, or more often if possible.
- 4Place about four cubes on each skewer (depending on the size of the cubes), leaving a little space between the cubes for even cooking. Place the kebabs on a plate or tray. Discard the marinade. (The prepared kebabs may be refrigerated, covered, up to 6 hours).
- 5Turn on a gas grill to medium-high. Grill the kebabs, turning frequently, to desired doneness. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the meat cubes and the grill. (In our testing, we found 7 to 8 minutes produced medium-rare meat for 1 1/4-inch to 1 1/2-inch cubes). Serve at once.
- 6Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before assembling the kebabs, so the skewers don't scorch on the grill. The number of skewers you will need depends on the size of your meat cubes. Cubes typically weigh about 1 ounce each, and we serve four cubes of meat per person for average appetites.
- 7Start to finish: 15 minutes preparation, plus 8 to 24 hours unattended marinating time and 7 to 8 minutes grilling time.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beverly's Favorite Beef Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.2
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 540.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 23.9 g