Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is what I used to wake up to every morning living in North Carolina with my step-mom Betty. I just had to get the recipe from her to bring with me a little taste of home!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sausage drippings or 1⁄4 cup bacon drippings
- 2 cups whole milk or 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk, to 2 cups water diluted
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- cook sausage or bacon to desired preparedness.
- drain drippings.
- add flour gradually to drippings and salt and pepper to taste in hot pan.
- brown to desired color.
- add milk until you get proper consistancy.
- bring to a boil and let set for a min then serve!