Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 hrs
Moist and delicious. Most of the time here is the dipping and then washing your fingers. I always put waxed paper under my rack because it makes a royal mess on your table if you don't.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Beat eggs until very light.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 c.
- cold water and vanilla.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients.
- Rinse muffin tins (1 3/4" diameter) in cold water but do not grease.
- Bake 400°, about 15 min.
- ,or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 min.
- ,remove from pans and dip into Orange Syrup.
- Drain on rack.
- Combine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cool and refrigerate 24 hours before using.