This was a really excellent recipe that I got from one of my OLD Betty Crocker magazines. My kids love this and it really is easy (almost effortless), and it is also very filling. I like to season the ground beef with a sprinkling of taco seasoning while it cooks, for more of a Tex-Mex flavor. Good for working Moms who are too tired to cook at the end of the day!
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix potatoes, sauce mix, water, corn and milk in an ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Stir in beef and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Add 1 T each finely chopped red and green bell pepper (optional).
- Bake uncovered 30-35 minute or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Let stand a few minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream.