1/1 Photo of Better Than Kit Kat Bars
Swim team and 4-H club fund-raisers wouldn't be the same without THESE bars on hand. Cut them B-I-G and let the kids enjoy themselves!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packets Club crackers (whole)
- 1Line the bottom of a 10x15 cookie sheet with the crackers; set aside.
- 2In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the filling ingredients, stirring to mix.
- 3Turn the heat up to medium-high, bring to a boil, continuing to stir, boiling five minutes.
- 4Pour HALF of the sugar-butter mixture over the crackers, spreading with a spatula.
- 5Add another layer of crackers, and then spread remaining sugar-butter over that.
- 6Melt topping ingredients in the microwave or on stovetop in same saucepan. When melted, spread over last layer in the pan.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes at room temp, then chill in fridge for about 30-45 minutes.
- 8Cut into serving portions.
- 9SUBSTITUTION: This recipe can also be made in a 13x9 pan -- using the same amount of ingredients, to obtain a thicker bar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Kit Kat Bars
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.0
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 404.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g