Recipe by BethHallKelley
This is a basic recipe, nothing fancy but kids love it, I do to. No gravy or sauces in this one. I use fresh mashed potatoes (approx. 8-10 potatoes) in mine but for ease I put instant mashed potatoes in the recipe. The seasoning is to your taste, but be careful, the cheese adds a great deal of salt. The recipe is very versatile, however, every time I substitute the peas for something else my children fuss, the peas have a great texture and just the right amount of sweet.
- 1 lb lean ground meat, browned and seasoned with salt and pepper to your liking
- 4 cups instant potato flakes, prepared, no extra seasoning is needed
- 16 ounces frozen baby peas, cooked and drained and seasoned to your liking
- salt and pepper
- 10 slices of american cheese slices (approx.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 pan you will layer the prepared and drained ingredients as follows.
- First layer, ground meat, next peas, then mashed potatoes, and final layer, cheese squares covering the potatoes completely.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted, not browned.