Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A low cal alternative to the traditional beef
Make and share this Beth's Pork Wellington recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the porkloin in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees. Allow the pork loin to cool.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets at room temperature.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter and then saute the mushrooms, onions and parsley with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until all liquid is absorbed. Put aside to cool.
- Gently roll out puff pastry sheets and spread mushroom mixture evenly in the center of the sheets.
- Place pork on top of mushroom mixture.
- Gently fold the puff pastry around the pork and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet pan and brush pastry with the egg.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. Check for color - when pastry is golden brown, it is ready to serve.