Recipe by Aimchick
I always loved these cookies! I think they might be my fave of all the cookies my mom ever made. These were mostly around holiday time.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, for rolling dough balls
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour with baking soda, spices and salt.
- Cream cooking oil and sugar together. Blend in egg and molasses.
- Add flour mixture, mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Form into balls about the size of walnuts. Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet about ½ inches apart.
- Bake at 350o for 10-15 minutes.