Recipe by Niki S
So many people have posted crappy spaghetti sauce recipes on this site. This is not one of them.
Top Review by phil
I can't rate it because I haven't made it but it is safe to assume that for a marinara sauce to be "the best" you would have to include in your recipe when to add the tomatoes. But I will admit that it sounds good.
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -3 clove garlic, minced
- fresh basil leaf (I like to use about half a handful)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, saute about 30 seconds.
- Add basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer about 5 minutes.
- You can also add a pinch of sugar, if you like it sweeter, or a splash of balsamic vinegar, or a little white wine, or oregano and/or rosemary,or whatever you like, but it's delicious as is.
- Also, it's fantastic if you make meatballs, and when they're done, make this sauce in the same pan after draining out most of the grease.