Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Having been to Israel numerous times and having tried hummus all over the country, I find this hummus recipe pretty close to what you would find there. To save time, I use canned garbanzo beans, but friends who use the same recipe tell me that the dried beans are the way to go.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared tahini (I use Roland brand)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
- Blend garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, salt and lemon juice in food processor until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon onto small plate, flatten and add garnish per serving.
- Serve with warm pita bread, pickles and cherry peppers.
I think my review didn't go in! Easiest and tastiest hummus recipe I've found the net. Changed servings to 2.5 to quarter recipe for one can of chickpeas.