Recipe by Jamie Renee
These cookies are a great, soft, chocolatey small batch perfect for a small family. They have a great chewy and soft texture and a delicious flavor! I got the recipe from a good friend a month ago and have made them four time since then. Easy to prepare and even easier to eat!
Top Review by Sharon123
You were right! These are chocolaty, soft, and chewy! I let the first batch cook too long and they were crispy but still good. The second batch came out just right! And I ate them all up! Thanks!
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars at medium speed.
- Add vanilla while mixing.
- Add egg while mixing.
- Turn off mixer and add flour.
- Next add salt.
- Then add baking powder.
- Beat at slow/medium speed just until flour is incorporated into butter and sugar mixture.
- Carefully stir in chocolate chips.
- You can add cocoa powder if you'd like chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, which makes them even better!
- Using two spoons shape into balls and drop on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Bake at 375° for about seven minutes.
- Remove from oven just when edges are barely turning brown for a soft moist cookie.
- Allow to set up for a few minutes, if you can wait, or else your cookie will fall apart.