Recipe by SweetBamaGirl
Super good desert. I've loved this desert since I worked at a fancy restaurant as a waitress putting these together. I've been trying to get the recipe right for the filling for quite sometime and I've finally got it! Enjoy!!!!
Top Review by Halcyon Eve
These were very good, and not too hard to make. They were a little fussy to eat (except to our little boy, who didn't worry about neatness), but they were nice. The almond flavor was a little too strong for my taste, so next time I'll probably reduce it. I used a mixture of 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk and 1/2 cup half and half to make it a little richer. I also used fresh berries that I'd chopped up and tossed with a small amount of sugar earlier in the day. I skipped the chocolate curls, too, as I dislike chocolate with strawberries. Since I was making this for just three of us, I have a lot of filling leftover--but I bet it'll be good topped with the rest of the berries tomorrow! Thanks for posting, SweetBamaGirl!
- 0.5 (17 ounce) box puff pastry
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- whipped cream (garnishes) (optional)
- chocolate curls
- powdered sugar
- fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw 1/2 box puff pastry dough at room temp for about 45 minutes.
- Cut into 6 squares for larger deserts or 24 squares for smaller ones.
- Bake according to package directions, let cool completely.
- Seperate each sqare into a top and bottom.
- Mix pudding and 1 3/4 cup cold milk for about two minutes then add almond extract.
- For larger desserts spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto bottom pastry, then add about a teaspoon off strawberries.
- Top with top pastry and finish off with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of confectionary sugar. (very chic!).
- For smaller desserts do the same but save out 8 tops. dollop about 2tsp of filling and a few strawberries on the bottom, add another pastry(not the top) then more filling and strawberries. Then add the top and garnish. Serve imediately or refrigerate upto 24 hours.
- It's VERY EASY!