Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very nice, tasty, basic guacamole which can be easily ajusted to your taste.
- 2 medium peeled pitted and diced Hass avocadoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- Coarsly mash the avacados, garlic and jalapeno until the avacados are creamy but still very chunky. Add the chopped tomato, onion and salt to taste, and stir together.
- Sprinkle with the lime juice and cilantro, then stir and taste once more. Serve with tortilla chips.
- More jalapeno, onion and lime juice may be added to your taste.
Loved this! Tangy, spicy and the fresh coriander/cilantro gives it that finishing touch that balances out the jalapeno fire just nicely. As usual for us, I added more garlic and loved it. I took to my mix with the stick blender becuase my avocados were a tad firm for mashing with a fork (um... understatement) and it all went from one extreme to another as the end result was a bit too soft, but heck it's the taste that counts so next time I just have to choose my avocados a little better. We had this as part of a tapas dinner and it was great. Please see my Rating System: 4 wonderful stars for a great recipe that I will have pleasure in making again. Thanks!