Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My neighbor made this for her daughter's birthday party over the 4th of July holiday and I would have to say it is the best coleslaw I have ever had! If you don't like blue cheese, you could probably substitute feta cheese!
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled roquefort blue cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Cut the cabbage in half then in quarters and cut out the cores.
- Shred cabbage thinly in food processor or chop by hand.
- Shred carrots (or used preshredded carrots in stead)and add to bowl with cabbage.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, mustards, vinegar, celery salt, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Pour over the grated vegetables and toss to moisten well.
- Add crumbled blue cheese and parsley and toss together.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
I am not going to rate this because it was very disappointing for us. I made this for a father's day barbeque. Although we are all blue cheese lovers, we did not like the blue cheese in this - thought it was overpowering. Additionally, we thought there was too much dresseing for the amount of vegetables. If I were to make this again, I would probably cut the dressing in half and use only 1/2 cup blue cheese. We really wanted to love this, but it just didn't work for us! :-(
Loved this slaw! 5 Stars!! I did use more cabbage and carrots than was called for....there is a lot of dressing. Maybe you should judge by eye since the size of cabbages vary. I think you could leave out the salt because of the celery salt and the salt in the blue cheese to reduce the saltiness......I can't say I have ever been "blown away" by the taste of a cole slaw, but this was just fabulous! Thank goodness my daughter requested that I find her a cole slaw with blue cheese recipe!! I loved the blue cheese. A definitie "do-again" recipe! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag.