Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this recipe up. I like it and so does the rest of my family. It goes great with either chicken or shrimp. It doesn't have as much butter as other alfredo sauces. I tried to make it a little healthier.
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Fontina cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Placet the 2 tbls of butter into a frying pan on medium low heat. Add the minced garlic and simmer for a minute.
- Then add in heavy cream to garlic and butter, mix.
- Add in rest of seasonings;Garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, pepper. Let this simmer for about 20 minutes on medium low heat. Keep stirring it.
- Mix in the parmesan and fontina cheese and let simmer for another 15 minutes on medium low heat, keep stirring.
- If you let it simmer correctly it will thicken up.
- Serve with penne rigate or fettuccine.
Tasty & creamy
Oh my!!! I think you have outdone yourself with this, it was absolutely amazing I just couldn't stop eating it and scraped the pan with a spatula to get every bit out. I made it to the recipe with one change. I couldn't get Fontina cheese any place, so I used Gruyere which I do like it's sweet and nutty and grates well. My pasta was reginette. I will be making this again my best friend would love this, so when she comes for lunch I will make it for her. Thank's for a very good recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
This is a really good recipe. Lots of flavors. I just wouldn't put as much pepper. Thanks for the recipe!