Recipe by Or Whatever You Do
Rich, flavorful enchilada sauce that is easy to make! You'll never need to buy another can again!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (blended in food processor)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and saute garlic and onions. Add seasonings to oil mixture and combine well.
- Add tomato sauce and blended salsa. Simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- This makes enough for one pan of 12 enchiladas.
- You may add more chili powder if you like a spicier sauce, or use a hotter salsa!
- If you like a thinner sauce you can add about 1/4 cup of water. The sauce cooks down quite a bit when simmering. Enjoy!