Recipe by newmama
We love this recipe for blueberry muffins, they are perfect, tender and full of berries! I usually do 1/2 all purpose flour 1/2 white whole wheat. Subsititute any milk (dairy or non) in this recipe and it works fine. *** i edited to change the mistake- it should be baking POWDER in step 2, not soda :)
Top Review by Cabin Cat
Very good. I made the recipe exactly as posted. I've been cooking long enough to know the there should be a correction in step two to read baking powder not soda. Big raves on these muffins which by the way were made from berries from my one lonely blueberry bush. For a while I used my photo, (glass plate & fork) as my profile pic. on facebook, my friends requested the recipe so it got passed on. Gotta keep a good thing going.
Am thinking a few finely chopped pecans in the topping might make a nice praline crumb. Will have to give it a try.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400.
- combine sugar, flour, salt, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- combine oil and eggs in a 2 cup measuring cup. fill the rest with milk to 2 cups and whisk.
- stir wet into dry ingredients.
- fold in blueberries gently.
- fill 18 muffin cups just about full.
- sprinkle with crumb topping over tops and bake 20-25 minutes.
- crumb topping:
- using a fork combine all ingredients until small crumbs form.