3 hrs 5 mins
Timothy Sakhuja's Note:
I came up with this recipe because I find myself constantly unsatisfied with the ice cream recipes out there. They are either to rich, to egg-tasting, or too grainy. This recipe has none of those undesired qualities. The ice cream is neither to eggy, nor too buttery in part because of the use of non-fat condensed milk and regular cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds using the back of a knife.
- 2Warm cream, condensed milk, vanilla bean pod and seeds, and salt in medium saucepan over medium heat until mixture steams. Do not let the mixture boil.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks to combine.
- 4Reheat cream mixture until it steams but does not boil. Slowly pour in a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Then pour egg and cream mixture back into the pot.
- 5Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 175 degrees F or until mixture coats the back of spoon. If you do not have a vanilla bean, now would be the time to add in the vanilla extract.
- 6Strain mixture, cool and freeze in ice cream maker. Then freeze in freezer until hard (3 or more hours). The vanilla bean can be washed, dried, and reused.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.0
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 55.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sweetened condensed milk