Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Was in the Baking Soda book, as one of the 500 useful frugal uses for the ever so handy baking soda. Haven't used so please post any teaks that are needed if you do try them out.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening (margarine or butter, softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Flour, soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a larger bowl, combine shortening, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Beat eggs.
- Gradually add dry ingredients & mix well. Stir in chips & nuts, if using.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes.