1/3 Photos of Best Barbecue Hickory-Smoked Brisket
36 hrs 30 mins
This original recipe was printed in the insert cookbook that came with my crock pot many years ago. I adjusted it to suit our taste. This brisket is often requested for potlucks and during our football booster club days, it was prepared and sold at all home games. It can be served on buns with sliced onions and dill pickles or by itself. The cooking time reflects the marinade and cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place brisket on large piece of foil.
- 2Sprinkle with onion seasoning and pour liquid smoke over, fold brisket in half if needed to make a compact packet that will fit in the crock pot.
- 3Seal foil, place brisket in refrigerator overnight.
- 4In the morning, place brisket in the crock pot on low heat, cook 8 hours.
- 5Remove brisket, strain broth into glass jar.
- 6Place brisket and broth in refrigerator and allow to cool completely.
- 7Skim fat from broth and mix 1 1/2 cups broth with barbecue sauce.
- 8Return the sliced brisket to crock pot and pour sauce over.
- 9Turn on low and allow to cook for 4 to 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Barbecue Hickory-Smoked Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.1
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 781.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: