Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I put together to add the spiciness and creaminess I was looking for in crab cakes.
- 8 ounces crabmeat (claw)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (used Miracle Whip with Olive Oil)
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning, crab cake classic mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coach's low country crab boil seasoning
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 4 crab shells (I used aluminum)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Mix all ingredients together, put in crab shells, making a mound. Sprinkle tops with butter bread crumbs. Bake until golden brown.
- NOTE: Real crab shells can be used, just make sure to clean well.