Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Strawberries and chocolate--YUM!
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving over hang on two sides.
- Brownies: In a medium-size saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, salt and chopped walnuts. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, chips and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan, tilting to level of top.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Remove to rack. Lift brownie from pan; cool completely. Once cooled, cut into squares.
- Strawberries: In a small bowl, stir together the berry slices, sugar and lemon juice. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap; Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, top each brownie with tablespoonful of strawberries.