Vino Girl's Note:
A shortbread variation of the familiar thumbprint cookie. Please add an hour refrigeration time for the dough. From Taste of Home (April/May 2001)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3-1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- 2Beat in almond extract; gradually add flour until dough forms a ball.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F
- 5Roll into 1 inch balls; place them 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 6Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center; fill imprint with jam.
- 7Bake for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 8Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 9Spoon additional jam into cookies if desired.
- 10GLAZE: Combine all glaze ingredients and drizzle over cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Shortbread Dreams Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 32.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g