Top Review by Samuel Holden
I sub gelatine for a tsp of Agar-Agar, wich is an algae based gellifying agent. This is even better if you make a chocolate mousse and then put this on top...layered in a glass ramekin, looks great!
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (optional)
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- GARNISH: Fresh strawberries, hulled In saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Warm over low heat until gelatin has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries and place in food processor or blender.
- Add icing sugar and process just until pureed.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and stir in gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until mixture is consistency of raw egg whites.
- Whip cream (if using) and set aside. In large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Whisk about < of beaten egg whites into strawberry mixture. Fold strawberry mixture and whipped cream into remaining beaten egg whites.
- Pour into 6-cup glass serving bowl or individual glasses and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to days.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.