Recipe by Aroostook
In this recipe you may use either fresh or frozen berries. Carbonated water may be used in place of wine if some of your guests prefer a non-alcoholic drink.
- 2 cups raspberries or 2 cups strawberries or 2 cups black raspberries (you may use frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons triple sec or 2 tablespoons orange juice
For the individual glasses:
- 12 scoops vanilla ice cream or 12 cups spumanti or 12 cups carbonated water, if you prefer a non-alcoholic drink
- 12 cups champagne
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine berries, sugar, lemon juice and Triple Sec in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or so until sugar dissolves.
- Process berry mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Strain through mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- For each serving:.
- Add 2 tbls of berry mixture into a 12 oz glass.
- Add a scoop of ice cream.
- Add 1 cup of champagne.