Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In this recipe you may use either fresh or frozen berries. Carbonated water may be used in place of wine if some of your guests prefer a non-alcoholic drink.
- 2 cups raspberries or 2 cups strawberries or 2 cups black raspberries (you may use frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons triple sec or 2 tablespoons orange juice
For the individual glasses:
- 12 scoops vanilla ice cream or 12 cups spumanti or 12 cups carbonated water, if you prefer a non-alcoholic drink
- 12 cups champagne
- Combine berries, sugar, lemon juice and Triple Sec in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or so until sugar dissolves.
- Process berry mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Strain through mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- For each serving:.
- Add 2 tbls of berry mixture into a 12 oz glass.
- Add a scoop of ice cream.
- Add 1 cup of champagne.