Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I invented this recipe for my Grandchildren -- who now make it for me. The fridge was full of fruit, we had leftover Tortillas and our 12 year old Grandson wanted to cook something on the grill.
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, cleaned and dried
- 1 large peach, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 2 soft flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- 2 pieces aluminum foil (each about 14" long)
- chocolate sauce
- caramel ice cream topping
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Place Strawberries, Blueberries and Peach Slices in a small bowl.
- Add Grand Marnier, White Wine and Sweetner or Sugar.
- Gently stir and allow to marinade for up to 1 hour.
- Place a soft Flour Tortilla on each piece of Aluminum Foil.
- Place two Banana Halves next to each other on the Tortillas.
- Spoon the Berry/Peach Mixture over the Bananas and gently roll the tortillas into a Burrito shape.
- Then roll the foil around the Burritos.
- Either place the foil-wrapped Burritos over indirect heat on your BBQ Grill or on a cookie tin in your oven at about 350 degrees F for 6-8 minutes .
- You want the fruit to be warmed and the banana to become fragrant.
- To Serve Squirt some of each Ice Cream topping on each of two plates.
- Note: You only want a light drizzle of the sauces.
- Remove the foil and center a burrito on each plate.
- Then squirt some of the chocolate some of the caramel sauce on top of the burritos.
- Again, use a light touch.
- Place a scoop of ice cream next to each burrito.