I found this title on the net some place and I was so intrigued by it, that I posted it. However, the recipe is mine -- just didn't know what to call it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 lb butter or 1/4 lb margarine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 12 ounces store bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups mixed fresh blueberries or 3 cups raspberries or 3 cups blackberries or 3 cups strawberries
- slivered & toasted almond (to garnish) (optional)
- fat-free whipped topping (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Grease 11x7" baking dish; set aside.
- 3In medium bowl with wire whisk, beat egg substitute, milk, vanilla and lemon peel.
- 4In glass measure, microwave butter or margarine with sugar at HIGH 30 seconds; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Slowly whisk into egg mixture.
- 6Arrange cake and berries in prepared dish.
- 7Pour egg mixture over cake, pressing down to coat.
- 8Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- 9Remove foil cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Serve warm and if desired with nonfact dairy whipped topping that has been mixed with the slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Angel Delight Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 326.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cholesterol-free egg substitute