Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this title on the net some place and I was so intrigued by it, that I posted it. However, the recipe is mine -- just didn't know what to call it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 12 ounces store bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups mixed fresh blueberries or 3 cups raspberries or 3 cups blackberries or 3 cups strawberries
- slivered & toasted almond (to garnish) (optional)
- fat-free whipped topping (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 11x7" baking dish; set aside.
- In medium bowl with wire whisk, beat egg substitute, milk, vanilla and lemon peel.
- In glass measure, microwave butter or margarine with sugar at HIGH 30 seconds; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk into egg mixture.
- Arrange cake and berries in prepared dish.
- Pour egg mixture over cake, pressing down to coat.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm and if desired with nonfact dairy whipped topping that has been mixed with the slivered almonds.