Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Call it a breakfast dessert, and your child will believe you. After all, you can never be too sneaky when it comes to getting kids to eat healthy foods. This is a great recipe for expecting moms, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (can use a combination of both) or 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries (can use a combination of both)
- 1 ripe pear, cored and chopped
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped nuts or 1 tablespoon crushed granola cereal
- Place a few tablespoons of berries in the bottom of four clear plastic cups or bowls, reserving a few berries for the top. Divide the chopped pears in equal amounts in the four servings, cover with equal parts of yogurt, and top with a sprinkling of nuts or granola. Add the extra berries for a final touch.
- Makes 4 servings.
- You can also use frozen fruits (which is very healthy) for the parfaits; just thaw before using. For the crushed granola, see Honey-Almond Granola with Cranberries or Maple-Pecan Granola.